Ube Waffles with Cashew Coconut Sauce
We are all about Spreading The Love Here so we wanted to share the spotlight with one of our favorite fellow food makers here in LA. Ninongs Dessert Lab makes the best Ube Pancake mixes hands down and we wanted to turn them into waffles for a decadent tropical brunch.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 8 Minutes
Servings: 3 Waffles
For The Waffles
1 Cup Ninongs Dessert Lab Pancake Mix
1/2 Cup Water
For the Cashew Coconut Sauce
2 Tablespoons Spread The Love Cashew Butter
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 Tablespoon Coconut Milk
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
1 Teaspoon Water
Pinch of Salt
Sliced Ripe Jackfruit
Coconut Whip or Ice Cream
1. Heat up your waffle maker per manufacture instructions.
2. In a bowl mix together the ube pancake mix and water. The batter will be on the thicker side, but still spreadable. If it has the consistency of thick cookie batter add more water a teaspoon at a time. Divide the batter equally between each waffle iron. Cook for 7-8 minutes until the waffles are nice and crispy.
3. While the waffles are cooking make the sauce. In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients until nice and smooth. Again if the sauce is too thick to pour, add more water a bit at a time too thin out slightly.
4. To serve place waffles on a plate, top with coconut whip or ice cream and jackfruit. Drizzle
5. the Cashew Coconut Sauce all over.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.