Inspired by the classic Mediterranean Dip Hummus. In this version instead of using the traditional tahini to add flavor and smoothness to the dip, we replace that with our Naked Peanut Butter. Give it a try! It takes on a nice savory peanut flavor. Recipe Adapted from Cossets Kitchen.
- 2 Cups Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cloves of Fresh Peeled Garlic
- Spread The Love® NAKED Organic Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- olive oil for presentation
- veggie platter
- 4-6 baby carrots peeled
- 1 head little gem lettuce
- 2 baby tomatoes on the vine
- 2 Persian cucumbers sliced
- 1 bunch radish
- 1 watermelon radish - sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- You can actually use any veggies or even crunchy fruit for the veggie platter. Be creative!
Step 1 -Place the drained chickpeas In a large pot with the baking soda, bay leaf and garlic
Step 2 -Bring up to a boil on medium heat. Turn down to a simmer for up to 45 minutes while skimming any foam off the top. It’s done cooking when the peas are nice and mushy and broken down.
Step 3 -Leave too cool completely before going further.
Step 4 -Once the chickpeas are cool place in a food processor with the peanut butter, water, lemon juice and garlic powder. Process until nice and smooth. If the dip is still thick add in cold water a tablespoon at a time until you get the right consistency.
Step 5 -Season with salt to your liking.
Step 6 -Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
Step 7 -Serve with your choice of veggies.