Pad Thai With Sweet Almond Butter Sauce
- For Sauce
- 1/3 cup Spread The Love® UNSALTED Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice1 tbsp Molasses
- 1/2 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Water
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- For Dish
- 12- 16 oz pasta (we used fusilli)
- 2- 3 Chicken Breasts (cubed/cooked)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (thinly sliced)
- 1 and 1/2 cups Carrots (matchstick cut)
- 1 and 1/2 cups Red Cabbage
- 1/2 tsp Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds (optional)
Step 1 -
To make sauce: add all sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine. Set aside.
Step 2 -
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Step 3 -
Next, cook cubed chicken (we just cooke ours stovetop in a skillet). Set aside.
Step 4 -
In a large bowl combine cooked pasta and chicken, pepper, carrot, cabbage and cilantro in a large bowl. Add in a couple of tablespoons of sauce and toss to coat.
Step 5 -
Divide between a couple bowls (3- 4 depending on serving size) and drizzle with extra sauce. Garnish with additional cilantro and sesame seeds as desired. Enjoy! 😊
Hi. I’ve just ordered a jar of your peanut butter through Amazon. Belatedly I noticed in comment descriptions that it’s characterized by not being creamy-thick, so I thought I’d check for recipes where that texture isn’t needed. (Your pad thai recipe uses almond butter, but I’ll try it with your peanut butter.) I have all the ingredients on hand (during Covid-19 quarantine) to make your pad thai sauce except molasses, so I may try dates or raisins for sweetness. Question: I’ll be making it with tofu, not chicken. I only have green bell peppers left, not red, and I’m wondering if you’ve ever tried the dish using green, or how you think that would work. Thanks!