- ½ cup BASIC Cashew Butter
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 ½ tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 tsp. salt + more to taste
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped roasted cashews
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
Step 1 -Add BASIC Cashew Butter and 1 cup of vegetable broth to a blender and blend until smooth.
Step 2 -Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and add in diced onion and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
Step 3 -Add in the cauliflower and cook until soft and golden, about 10 minutes. Add more oil into the pot if necessary.
Step 4 -Next, add in the chickpeas, thyme, oregano, paprika, nutmeg, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Pour in the remaining 2 cups of broth and stir to combine.
Step 5 -Bring the mixture to a simmer, the cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
Step 6 -Remove from heat, then gently pour the mixture into the blender, blending until smooth and creamy.
Step 7 -Divide into bowls and top with chopped cashew pieces, chives, black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil or BASIC Cashew Butter.