Banana and Jackfruit Turon
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Turon is the Filipino version of a Banana spring roll. It is normally fried in oil coated in brown sugar. Here we make a more wholesome version by baking the Turon. We also upped the good fats and protein factor by adding Spread The Love Unsalted Almond Butter for that extra drizzle.
5 Bananas, peeled and quartered
8 Jackfruit each cut into 8 strips
20 Spring Roll Wrappers
1/4 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
Coconut Oil Spray
1/2 Cup Spread The Love Unsalted Almond Butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take one spring roll wrapper and place it on a plate on a diagonal. It should look like a diamond when you look down on it.
3. Place one banana in the middle and 3 jackfruit strips. Take the bottom corner and fold it up over the banana and jackfruit. Take the right corner and fold over the banana and do the same on the left side. It should now look like an envelope. Dip your fingers in the cup of water and wet the remaining top corner of the wrapper. Use your fingers to roll up the banana and jackfruit and press down to seal.
4. Repeat for the rest of the bananas, jackfruit and wrappers.
5. Spread the coconut sugar on a small plate. Once you are done wrapping, spray the Turon on all sides with coconut oil spray. Then roll in the coconut sugar and place on the baking tray. Repeat for the rest of the Turon.
6. Bake for 15 minutes and then rotate and bake for a further 15 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes and serve with Spread The Love Unsalted Almond Butter.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.