Almond Butter Cookies
¾ cup potato starch
1 cup gluten free oat flour
¾ cup sorghum flour
½ cup almond meal
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon xantham gum
1 teaspoon fine salt
1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup Almond Flax Power Butter
¼ cup melted slightly cooled ghee
2 eggs (room temp)
2 teaspoons almond extract
2 cups chocolate chips (optional)
½ cup coarsely chopped almonds
Gluten-free non-stick spray
- In a bowl, combine potato starch, oat flour, sorghum flour, almond meal, baking soda, xantham gum, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the brown sugar, almond flax power butter and ghee on medium speed. Add the eggs, and almond extract then mix until fluffy and light in color, about 1-2 mins.
- Add the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix on low speed until fully incorporated. On very low speed mix in the chocolate chips (if using) and almonds.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for at least 3 hours or up to 5 days (don’t skip this important step).
- When you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with gluten-free non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- With a 1-ounce cookie scoop portion out the dough and roll into 1 inch balls. Arrange the balls on the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart then slightly flatten each balls with your thumb.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes until they are light golden brown. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let cool for 10 mins. Then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.