“2 Become 1” Love Truffles
Yield: 18-20 truffles per recipe
You and your sweetie have got 2 different tastes? No problem. We’ve got you covered with 2 kinds of easy-to-make truffle recipes! Just turn up the volume to Spice Girls song, “2 Become 1” and things will spice up in no time. You can thank us later, love birds.
Salted Almond Butter Truffles
1 cup Spread The Love® Unsalted Crunch Almond Butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup almond flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the almond butter and the maple syrup until well combined. Add in the almond flour and salt, and mix until thickened.
2. Using a tablespoon-sized scoop, roll out the mixture into small balls, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes or refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight).
3. Once the truffle centers are chilled firm, prepare the chocolate coating. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, and stir until smooth.
4. Dip each truffle into the melted chocolate, rolling until completely covered. Using a fork, remove the truffle from the chocolate, and return to the parchment-lined baking sheet. Once all the truffles are coated, chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or until the chocolate has set.
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
8 oz. chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup dairy-free half-and-half or cream
3 tbsp Spread The Love® Raspberry Artisan Jam
1/2 cup crushed freeze-dried raspberries
1. Place chocolate in a medium heat-resistant bowl and set aside.
2. Pour dairy-free half-and-half or cream into a small saucepan and heat until it lightly simmers (do not allow it to boil). Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, and stir gently until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the raspberry jam, and stir to combine. Freeze for 30 minutes or refrigerate for 2 hours (or overnight), until the mixture is firm.
4. Using a tablespoon-sized scoop, roll out the chilled chocolate mixture into small balls, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Place the crushed freeze-dried raspberries on a plate or shallow bowl, and gently roll each truffle in the raspberries until well coated. Store the truffles in an airtight container, and chill until ready to serve.