Raspberry Jam Crumble Bars
Makes 8 Large Bars
These gooey, crumbly raspberry jam bars are tasty enough to eat for dessert, but are hearty enough to make a great breakfast or afternoon snack especially on Mother's Day. The bright raspberry flavor is the perfect sweetness to match mom's personality.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 stick butter, room temperature
3/4 c packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
3. Using a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture one cup at a time, with the mixer on low speed. Continue until completely combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of the sliced almonds.
5. Press about two-thirds of the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, using your hands to ensure an even bottom crust. Spread the jam directly on top of the bottom crust, using a spoon to spread evenly.
6. Gently stir 1/4 cup sliced almonds into the remaining dough. Drop remaining dough in small clumps on top of the jam to form the crumble topping.
7. Bake 25 - 35 minutes, or until the jam is bubbly and the top layer is golden brown. Let cool completely, lift out of the baking dish using the parchment paper, and cut into bars. Store in a sealed container for several days in the fridge, or freeze.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.