Is there anything more welcome on a Thanksgiving appetizer buffet than large amounts of cheese? Perhaps large amounts of cheese, smothered in raspberry jam, and encased in flaky, golden putt pastry. This appetizer is a cinch to prepare, and is sure to impress on any holiday appetizer spread!
Serves: 4 - 6
- Heat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll thawed puff pastry and lay flat on the lined baking sheet. Place the wheel of brie (leaving the rind on), in the center of the pastry, and top with raspberry jam.
- Fold each corner of the pastry dough on top of the cheese, and seal edges together to enclose the contents completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg vigorously with a fork. Once smooth, apply egg wash to the pastry with a brush, covering it completely.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and puffy. Serve with sliced apples.