Peanut Butter Capn' Crunch Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup NAKED CRUNCH Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup sifted pastry flour, or 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour plus 1/2 cup sifted cake flour (sift before measuring)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup Cap'n Crunch cereal
For Ice Cream Sandwich Assembly:
- Mix wets: Place butter in a saucepan and set over low heat until just half is melted. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour cooled butter into a large bowl. Add brown sugar and whisk to combine. Add peanut butter and whisk to combine. Whisk in egg and yolk, one at a time, then whisk in vanilla. Set aside.
- Mix dries: In a small bowl, whisk together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dries, one third at a time, to wets, mixing with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to combine. Add cereal, mixing until evenly distributed. Be careful not to overmix or overcrush cereal.
- Wrap bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line two half-sheet baking pans with parchment paper.
- Form dough into balls about the size of whole walnuts, roll in reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture, and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are light brown and centers are still wet – don't overbake.
- Immediately transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Let cool for 1 hour.
- Assembly: Place 1 cookie on a plate, place 1 scoop of ice cream, drizzle creamy peanut butter, then place 1 more cookie on top of ice cream. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.