Do you know? The 1st Earth Day in 1970 was led by Gaylord Nelson, a senator from Wisconsin - Zach’s home state!
Love for the environment is in our roots. That’s why our ALMOND BUTTER Granola packaging is mindfully made with compostable and eco-friendly recycled material. Our promise to you is to always be focused on how we can leave the planet a better, healthier place.
Here are ways you can do it too:
1. Our nut butter and jam jars are recyclable but reusing these beautiful jars are much preferred and better for mother earth. Read our past blog post about reusing and reducing.
2. Bring your own reusable bags to the market with you. Hot tip: Leave some bags in your trunk so you always have them available when you go to the store.
3. Start a home compost especially if you have some space in your backyard. Our ALMOND BUTTER Granola bag is compostable. Simply, rip the labels off and shred or cut the brown bag into small pieces as it is considered "brown compost matter." Composting takes a while so be patient, it'll turn to compost in 6-9 months as long as you're diligent about the process. Learn more from this guide.
4. Say goodbye to plastic zip top bags and say hello to reusable Stasher Bags for your food storage needs. FYI - They're having a 25% off Earth Day Sale right now.
5. Let's teach our kids by making a fun activity out of picking up trash during our walk in the neighborhood. Whoever gets the most trash, WINS a prize! Everybody wins on this one ;)
HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!